- Getting away from the isolation of a work from home environment. Freelancers often work from home because it doesn't add to the overhead and it's, well, home. But this is a scenario that only works for so long. Taking the business out of the home and into a shared work environment has the potential to help the business grow in different directions as new business contacts are made.
- Working in a location that you won't be embarrassed to meet clients. Ask yourself if you really want to invite a potential client into your home for a meeting. Unless your home is spotless, it's probably not an ideal location. A professonal meeting space is a neutral location to meet, and adds a degree of professionalism you simply can't get at home.
- Access to equipment you would otherwise be unable to afford, particularly in a shared office rental environment. Printers can get expensive, especially if your business requires that you print frequently. The capital expense of a high-quality printer may be something you can't afford, but is something you need badly. Renting in a shared office gives you access to a variety of office equipment, including printers that you don't have to buy. You might have to contribute to the cost of consumables, but it's far less than buying the equipment outright.
- Controlling your surroundings. If you have pets or children, you can't always tell them to behave or go play elsewhere while you're on the phone with a customer. Living with creatures that have minds of their own can be a detriment, especially when they seem bound and determined to make a mess or noise. Having a professional private office eliminates the uncertainty of living with others while presenting a professional front to your clients.
- Focusing on your work becomes much easier with fewer distractions around you. Distractions are part and parcel of working at home. People drop by, thinking you're available for a chat or favors. Family members or roommates don't always respect your working hours and constantly interrupt your workflow. Also, stepping out of your home to go to a different location to work makes you throw the switch from casual to serious about working. When you examine the benefits of rental property, you'll find that peace and quiet are yours at all times, and disruptions are ones you want, not ones you want to avoid.
Many businesses have started at home, in a basement, or in a garage. It's a great place to plant the budding seeds of a business, but it's not necessarily the best place to nurture and grow. There are many disadvantages that eventually drive the business out of the home and into another environment. The following are five benefits that come with moving the business into rental office space and out of home base.
Hub83 provides all-inclusive shared office space, including shared desks, meeting and conference rooms, along with optional private offices that can hold 1-6 persons. Get access to mentors and resources that can help you grow your business. Our terms are flexible with month-to-month or short-term options available. The space design is chic and trendy, sure to impress your clients! Get out of the boring, old, and stuffy office environment (or your home) and into a new office space that is a true reflection of who you are and where you want to be.
Bringing you the best information about how to grow your business and find new ways to get yourself inspired!